Video/Animation Creative Director
Whiteboard Animation Studio and ideaMACHINE studio are looking for a Video/Animation Creative Director. Our studio has grown six times in the last three years and we doubled in size last year. We are a year on year multiple Telly Award winning studio. Our artists are young, but we are confident we are the future of the animation industry. Our team works very, hard but we also have costume parties.
Our ideal candidate will be a storyteller, artist, strategist, marketing-type, manager, and doer. We are looking for someone who loves story and has impeccable taste. We want a director with strong advertising experience who is knowledgeable about design and gifted in the art of converting complexity into compelling content and messaging.
You will be expected to learn our business and lead a team of designers and writers in order to deliver animations that help companies achieve their goals.
The Video/Animation Creative Director will report directly to our owner and primary creative director. Compensation is $60,000-80,000 annually. Our full-time employees receive small benefits packages, profit sharing plans, $1000 bonuses, and a $500 bonus is given out each month, via voting, to the best artist regardless of their employment status.
• Lead various creative teams (4-5 small projects a month), which includes writing, design, voice acting and animation.
• Take ownership of our studio and studio standards
• Manage project deadlines and budgets
• Direct actors and live-action
• Direct own graphics designs and the ability to draw
• Motivate the creative team to stay ahead of the curve in design and messaging and to deliver work for companies that is beyond exceptional
• MUST live in New York
• MUST provide demo reel and links to directorial projects
• MUST have 3 - 5 years experience in directing advertising videos
• MUST have personal portfolio of graphic designs and art
• MUST have ad copywriting experience
• A record of hitting goals and getting results
• Integrity, drive, dedication, ingenuity, a collaborative nature, the ability to laugh, a commitment to excellence
• A startup mindset and spirit: we win as a team, we move fast, and we get things done
Since we can't see your work over the phone, please email your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and good luck!